Current and past sponsors include ION Corporation, Pratt & Whitney, Lockheed Martin, Penn State UPAC, Penn State's Aerospace Engineering Department, Pennsylvania Space Grant Consortium, and NASA University Student Launch Initiative.
The Penn State USLI team is now in its fifth year of existence and is looking to cover annual competition costs.
Penn State has generously provided a laboratory and some additional funding; however, these contributions are
insufficient to support all of the needs for maintaining a student-run organization. Financial support will be used
via the following:
1. Lab equipment to be used for the design, construction, testing, flight and storage of rocket components, which includes consumable and non-consumable items.
2. Local and cross-country travel to launches.
3. Outreach events. A facet of the USLI competition is to extend the team's
presence in the local community by engaging in educational activities that
teach others about the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
By making a contribution, you can ensure that this program can continue and sustain a successful, long enduring legacy of rocketry here at Penn State. Thank you very much for your support!
1. Fill out the sponsorship application form.
2. E-mail the completed form to our advisor Timothy Wheeler with the subject, "Sponsorship Application."
3. Once the form is received, our financial officer Kelsey Miller will contact the potential donor to facilitate the donation process.
4. All donations must be a mailed check made payable to "The Pennsylvania State University Student Launch Initiative (PSUSLI)."
5. Upon request, an IRS form W-9 can be completed by Kelsey for tax purposes.
For any additional questions, please email us.